At GSIS we see our Residence Program as a service ministry to families who desire an international-based education. Because all our staff are practicing Christians, we are committed to sharing our faith with students in word and deed - exposing all students to Christ and discipling those who follow Jesus.
We recognize students' diverse backgrounds and experiences as well as their value and importance as people. The staff is actively aware of progress made by students. We encourage everyone to grow in self-discipline, sound judgment, and good manners by giving encouragement, consolation or discipline as needed. Although we live in a structured environment, we make every effort to create a family atmosphere within which students can develop their intrapersonal and interpersonal skills.
Our goal is to help guide the students through their adolescent years to becoming well-balanced individuals who actively contribute to the community in which they live.
- The goal of the boarding staff is to show our love to students in the following ways:
- Be examples for Christ in all we do.
- Be good communicators with parents and teachers.
- Be intentionally interactive with students.
- Be responsible in our supervision.
- Be intentional in our service to others.
- Be dedicated to spiritual nurturing.
- Maintain a safe and homelike environment.
Our Home Life
The GSIS Residence Program Dorm is conveniently situated on the campus with spaces for 64 students. Currently, our boarding program is designed for students in grades 6-12. Two students share a room with a bed and desk set, a wardrobe, and in room sink. Four students share a toilet and shower.